Mark Mosher – Electronic Musician, Boulder CO
For over 20 years, Mark Mosher has been on a creative journey exploring composition, sound design, and performance with synthesizers, samplers, and sequencers. Throughout the years Mark has studied music technology and shares his passion and knowledge by blogging, videos, presenting, consulting and contributing to various online communities.
Mark is intimate with the Ableton Live music application and fluent with a huge variety of sound design techniques using both physical and virtual electronic instruments. As a musician and controllerist, Mark performs using keyboards, matrix controllers, and unique visual and tangible controllers such as the Tenori-On and Percussa AudioCubes. He is also studying ways to bring the classic and exotic Moog Theremin into new sonic territory with real-time digital processing.
As a professional artist, Mark performed as a vocalist and keyboard player with the award winning alternative rock band the Head Full of Zombies from 1989 to 2003. From 2002-2004 he composed soundtracks and did sound design for advertising, new media, live theater, and attractions. His song "Flight" appears as a special feature on the DVD for the film One Six Right and also appears on the CD soundtrack.
In 2007 Mark began releasing original electronica and experimental compositions as digital downloads. In 2009 he released REBOOT, an instrumental electronic album with a science fiction back story. REBOOT is available on most major online music stores including iTunes. Mark also licenses music for commerical use via his online music licensing store.
Mark is currently working on a follow-up album to REBOOT and is developing a unique show to perform these electronic and experimental compositions live in a way that allows the audience to connect with the performance visually.
If you would like join Mark's email list and get notified when news items are posted click here. You can also subscribe via RSS.
You can contact Mark via this email form.
- Laptop: Windows 7 32-bit, HP DV6 Pavilion w/Core2 Duo P8700 @ 2.53 GHZ
- Soundcard: Novation NIO 2|4
- DAW Software: Ableton Live 8 Suite
- Primary Controllers: Novation Remote SL, Launchpad | Tenori-On | Percussa AudioCubes
- Primary Virtual Synthesizers: Tone2 Gladiator 2| Native Instruments Absynth 5 | Camel Audio Alchemy | U-He Zebra 2, ACE | Ableton Sampler, Operator... | SonicCharge Synplant | Lennar Digital Sylenth1 | reFX Vanguard, Slayer2 | Image-Line Harmless, Toxic Biohazard | Cakewalk Dimension Pro | FAW Circle | DCAM: Synth Squad...
- Hardware Synthesizers: Waldorf Blofeld, Moog Etherwave Theremin